Posted by Bethan Bithell on 4th Mar 2015
Dexshell Waterproof Socks, Hats and Gloves
Due to the unique construction of the Dexshell product range, a little extra care is needed to ensure they continue to perform to their highest level. In order to ensure your waterproof socks, hats and gloves continue to provide you protection when out in the elements, it is important that you follow the care instructions below. Dexshell products are not like conventional outdoor socks, gloves or hats. The unique manufacturing process makes them a technical composite product. Any improper treatment of these products will ruin the performance or even damage the products.
Steps to care for your waterproof hats, gloves and socks:
- Take care not to puncture your socks, gloves or hat as any puncture will damage the membrane resulting in the products leaking
- Do wear the socks inside your boots as they are not overshoes
- It is possible to machine wash your Dexshell products at 40, however we do recommend you wash them by hand in order to prolong the life of your products
- DO NOT dry your waterproof socks, hats or gloves on any direct heat source (e.g. radiator, iron) as the internal membrane will delaminate and split
- To dry out your products, turn them inside out and spin dry without heat. Turn the products the right way around and hang in a well ventilated area over night.
- DO NOT TUMBLE DRY!
The following are wash care instructions:
- Wash below 40oC
- Do not bleach
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Drip dry
Dexshell products are perfect for a range of outdoor activities, from mountain biking to wearing waterproof socks in your shooting boots. Whatever your sport, keeping them performing at their peak is important, and by following these washing and care instructions will help to ensure this.
If you need any further information or advice on how to care for your Dexshell products please do not hesitate to contact us.