- 100% Waterproof
- 100% Windproof
- 100% seam sealed
- Ultra lightweight
The Stoney Creek Stow It jacket is an ultra lightweight and compact jacket perfect for those heavy downpours. Made from a 3 layer polyester ultralite fabric, this tightly woven construction is heavy duty and great for an emergency! Together with DWR coating on the outer, its also quick drying and super comfortable to wear.
- 100% waterproof with a minimum rating of 10,000mm and a max rating of 24,000mm
- 100% windproof - utilising an advanced hydrophillic membrane, the Stow It jacket blocks 100% of wind and rain
- 100% seam sealed - every stitch has been carefully sealed to prevent any leaks, resulting in a totally waterproof garment
At Stoney Creek, extensive testing is conducted on the functionality of the fabric to assess its waterproofness. The testing examines the minimum standards of waterproofness and any fabric or garment will be classed as waterproof when it has a minimum HH rating of 10,000mm. (More about HH ratings here)
- Long front zip with storm flap for full protection
- Velcro adjustable cuffs to seal in warmth
- Folds away into front pouch for ease of carrying
- super lightweight
- All seams carefully sealed toa void water penetrating the stitching
- Tight woven construction
- DWR coating
To achieve a 100% waterproof and 100% windpoof jacket, Stoney Creek has utilised a hydrophillic (monolithic) membrane. This membrane has been designed to prevent water from passing through, whilst allowing trapped moisture vapour to escape. The hydrophillic membrane breathes by absorption and migration, driven by heat and high humidity. Any moisture, such as sweat, will be passed from the inside to the outside of the jacket in a 'stepping-stone' process, keeping you comfortable for longer.
This hydrophillic membrane is a solid membrane and is therefore less likely to be effeced by dirt and oil.
To ensure years of enjoyment from your Stoney Creek 'Stow It' Jacket, it's definitely worth giving it a bit of care.
After wearing it for a period of time, particularly in heavy downpours, the DWR coating can eventually begin to wear off which, in turn, can result in the outer layer becoming exposed. Therefore if you find the following begins to occur then its time to treat your jacket accordingly:
- Your jacket becomes heavy after being exposed to rain
- Your skin feels 'clammy' under the fabric
In such circumstances, you can follow these simple steps to get the best from your jacket:
- Clean off any dirt or sweat
- Use a small amount of non-scented LIQUID detergent to wash your garment. Do not use powder detergents, fabric softner or chlorine bleach. These can actually reduce the life of the garment!
- Wash your garment again, using an in-wash DWR replenisher (at 30 degrees) such as Nikwax TX Direct
- Air dry for best results